Friday, December 28, 2012

Week 8: Hello Morning Sickness....

Woo!  8w4d today!  And yes, that's one correct :D

And no, I will not be altering or editing my previous belly shots with the correct numbers.  I feel like leaving previous weeks' posts as they are kind of highlights the excitement of this adventure, shows how I learn new things along the way.  Shows the differences in thought processes and decisions as the weeks go on.  So even though they're wrong, they will be staying the way they are!

Anyway.  Wow, I made it to 8 weeks.  I'm actually 8.5 weeks now.  And now it's officially the longest I've ever been pregnant, hah.  So I'm treading into whole new territory.

My morning sickness is getting terrible.  I'm pretty much mildly to severely nauseous 24/7.  With more frequent vomiting episodes.  The only way to keep it from the "Imma make you feel like you have to puke" stage is by eating frequently.  And I still feel nauseous afterward, but not to the point of wanting to upchuck.

I've also been wretchedly constipated (TMI, I know).  I'm starting to get uncomfortable intestinal cramping because of it.  From the bloat, the gas, and the constipation, my lower half is so very much uncomfortable, boo!

But I did have a bit of a scare tonight!

So S and I were just hanging out together, spending some time together as a couple before he had to go to work, and I started getting dizzy/faint feeling.  It got worse, and I started getting chills and sweating while feeling like I was going to pass out.  And I was ridiculously thirsty.  Something told me to sit in a cold bath, which I did, and I felt better after like 10 minutes.  I puked before this started happening, and as it was going on, my nausea was getting worse again.  I haven't had another episode since.

I'm wondering if it might have been from dehydration (because I couldn't seem to get enough liquids into me, I felt so thirsty).  I don't really suffer from dehydration, and even when I have been dehydrated, I've never had this type of reaction.  But, hey, pregnancy will cause you to react oddly to things you're normally used to, so who knows!  Just because I never reacted like this pre-pregnancy if I got dehydrated doesn't mean it'll be the same pregnant.

Either way, I'll be mentioning to my OB next time I see him.

ANYWAY!

Belly shot time, then I'm off to watch more Cake Boss!


And trust when I say that is mostly bloat.  I weighed myself after this picture, and I've hardly gained any weight, so this is most definitely preggo bloat!

Anyway!

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment