Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Week 7: Update on Us!

Update time!  I'm officially 7w4d.  Wow, time is flying FAST!  Feels like only yesterday I was finding out I was pregnant again, but it's been about a month.  I'm getting closer and closer to that 8 week mark, and after that, I'll have officially bypassed either of my pregnancies in regards to how far I am.  It's going to be a surreal feeling.

My morning sickness is picking up steam.  I'm not so much as puking more frequently (well, I am, LOL), but that I feel nauseous ALL the time.  Like 24/7 nausea.  Doesn't matter what I do, I feel sick!  As miserable as it makes me feel, it gives me the reassurance I need to know everything is going okay in there.

So my fiance and I have been having little "quarrels" over what to call our baby in-utero until we know its sex.  I wanted to call it our Little Fox (we are furries after all) but he wants to call it our Little Zombie.  We haven't come to an agreement yet, hah!  But I'll win!  Damn well better win :D

ANYWAY!  Update on my appointment.

My first appointment went well.  Was WAY shorter than I was anticipating, but I think my OB was hoping I'd come in with questions.  Which I know I should have, but I locked up and couldn't think of any.  He was super funny, and I really liked him.  He ordered an ultrasound for this Thursday (the 20th), to see how far along I am exactly, give us about a five day window on my due date, and see how baby is growing.  Especially considering this is after a miscarriage.  Like immediately after a miscarriage.

I told him that when I said my last period was the 24th of October, it was actually the day of my miscarriage.  So it'll be interesting to see if my ultrasound shows me farther along than I think I am, or if I'm about on schedule for where I think I am.  The dates I put for how far along I am are pretty much rough estimates.  I know I ovulated a couple of days later than I normally do for my cycles (so I wasn't too far off from ovulating on time, just a couple of days), but for all I know, my normal ovulation "signs" could have been something else, and I could have ovulated on time.  Ultrasound will give us a better window.

Regardless, I'll be far enough along I should see a heartbeat, so I'm super stoked about that.

At my appointment, they took my blood to test for different things.  STI's, my blood type, etc.  After I told him this was a pregnancy immediately following a miscarriage, he also ordered an hCG quaint test.  Was NOT stoked about that.  I'd like to remain ignorant on my numbers, one less thing for me to stress about.  But I haven't gotten a call from the office, so I'm assuming my numbers are okay.

He did tell me not to stress too much about anything going on with this pregnancy, and to try and remain as normal as possible (no alcohol and smoking of course), but that if I need to drink a soda here and there to remain feeling normal, then to do it.  He told me not to put myself into a bubble, because whatever may happen is out of my hands and by worrying about something bad happening and trying to prevent it by, well, putting myself in a bubble, will just make me miserable.

I was pretty much already doing that as it was.  Enjoying this experience and just trying to remain as normal as possible in my life to keep myself from stressing out too bad.  But it was nice to hear the same reassurance from my OB.

OH!

Wanted to add.  I'm starting to get some rounding out in my pelvic area.  It's so BIZARRE.  I call it my little baby paunch.  My friend suspects it's my uterus starting to push things up.  We couldn't feel my uterus, but she noticed the rounding out I was talking about.  So it's most likely my uterus as well as bloat, but hah, it's so weird to see.  I noticed it around the middle of my 6th week, and it's been getting more noticeable.

Anyway, ultrasound is in a couple of days, I'll probably do a completely separate post for that one.  Fingers crossed everything looks good!

Time for my obligatory belly shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment