Monday, December 24, 2012

Ultrasound Pictures

Aha, I've been meaning to update the blog with ultrasound pictures.  Work has been killer the past few days.

ANYWAY!

My estimation days have been off!  So for every picture that's on here, 3 days need to be subtracted from it.

My ultrasound went awesome!  Baby is right on target for growth from when I suspected I ovulated after my MC.  If I had ovulated on my normal schedule, at the time of my ultrasound, based on a 30-day cycle, I would have been about 7w6d.  But I had a hunch I ovulated about 2-3 days later than I normally did.  Which baby showed to be correct.  Baby measured at 7w3d, which is RIGHT on track for my suspected ovulation date.

I got to see the heartbeat, and I got to HEAR the heartbeat, though I didn't quite realize that's what it was until later into the ultrasound.  Like, I knew it was the baby's heartbeat, but it didn't fully sink in until the tech was doing some measurements of my ovaries and whatnot.

Baby's heart rate was 153 BPM.  A nice, strong, healthy heartbeat!

I didn't get weepy-eyed until I got into the car with my SIL (who so graciously took me to my appointment; S, my fiance, didn't go because he had just gotten home from work as we were getting ready to leave, so he was pooped).  After three pregnancies, for the first time, I saw my baby.  It was such a surreal feeling.  I was in this happy, shocked daze during my ultrasound and for the rest of the day.  I couldn't stop looking at the pictures.

Anyway, pictures as promised!  Taken with my phone, so they're not the best!

Profile Shot.  3D no less!

One of the better shots of our little gummy bear.  This was a 3D shot from behind.  Here, you can see the back of its head, its spine, and its little arm buds.  I love this picture <3

And just your standard 2D sonogram.  "Hi Mommy!"

The tech also printed out ultrasound pictures for my SIL that said "Hi Auntie!"  I loved it.  Such a nice touch, and so heartfelt that my SIL started crying.  The tech was awesome and made the experience so memorable and enjoyable.

My next prenatal appointment is on the 11th (S's birthday, hah!).  Excited to see what happens next :D  I'll be doing a Week 8 entry either tomorrow or later into the week.

But I am officially 8 weeks, y'all!  Gosh, time seems to be flying, just a bit, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment